August 24, 2009

kerouac



stole my heart this morning.

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a common place thing, but burn burn burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."

i am inspired by thoughts of adventure and also by the dream of someday sharing it with another. so much has been changing around me. i feel poised and ready for my next move in life, like an arrow ready to shoot out into the sky...

i don't want to sit still not ever, except maybe to ponder my next step...

Pentax Asahi k1000.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kerouac! I distinctly remember the moment I read that very passage, and how I got out my pen and underlined every word, then put huge stars in the column because yes, "the only ones for me are the mad ones!"

    I hope you find someone who can share beautiful moments with.

    ~~Sarah

    ReplyDelete