February 16, 2010

FILM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It has been a long and cold winter this year. I don't know if it's the weather or just the over all craziness of my schedule, but I have been feeling so exhausted lately. Every night, when I get home from work, what I really want to do is curl up on the couch with a big puffy blanket and fall asleep beside a purring kitty. But instead I attempt to keep the momentum of progress reeling - I run, make dinner, scrub up, do photo/scan/blog stuff, and somehow squeeze in some personal time. Hopefully Spring will come sooner than later, bringing sunshine, energy, and the need to wear more dresses.

This morning, I did an interview with Attic Photography's Hitochi, in Japan. It was a little random, but a lot of fun. The questions were very nostalgic and it got me thinking about way back when I shot nothing but Polaroids and road tripped through old Florida. Those memories are razor cut sharp and thank God for that. I can still recall, clear as crystal, exploring Sanibel island and blowing through packs of Time Zero, as if I had an endless supply.

We all have beginnings and sometimes it's damn nice to look back on them.

{Canon ae-1. 35mm film. Kodak iso 200}

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colie, I've just been looking through your old posts and this one has really struck me. So nicely written. Nostalgia is a great resource to draw from, and it somehow pushes you forward rather than drags you back :) Beautiful photographs too by the way.

    And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete