August 26, 2009

most


mornings i wake up as the softest light fills my room. tiny water drops condensate on my window panes like islands floating in an unoccupied ocean. i lie there for a textbook moment; letting it all sink in. leo is curled up by my feet and disappointed with my lack of motivation. eventually i make my way to the kitchen. i stop to feed a grouse cat. i begin the coffee process and further commence into morning routines, most of which i hate to admit, i quite enjoy. since the record player is in a room adjacent to the kitchen i play a tune or two. something pleasant to ease my day into.

and as i style my hair into a "not so" unruly fashion i think about all the things that could be... where could this day possibly take me? what adventures are waiting for me outside of my door? and although this outlook feels slightly juvenile, it excites me to know that this day has unceasing potential to be the first day of the rest of my life.

Polaroid sx 70 Alpha. 600 Film. No Filter.

1 comment: